The secure horoscope site - your visits are safe and private
Privacy Notice - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The document below describes what data we need to collect from our website users, our basis for processing this data, how we use this data, length of data storage, data subject rights and contact information for Interactive Stars Limited.
Quick read summary
- Our website is HTTPS secure so any data you provide when visiting is encrypted.
- Any data you provide is used in a legitimate, fair and transparent manner on a strictly 'need-to-know-basis' within our website. More details below.
- We do not request, store or use any GDPR special category data.
- We do not share any of your data with any third party for marketing purposes.
- Our secure website hosting is protected by firewalls and other security mechanisms.
- We have an assigned Data Officer and we have ICO membership - details are below.
Legitimate, fair and transparent data processing
We adhere to the practices of:
- A legitimate purpose to use the data a user provides. This purpose is to enable our software to calculate a personalized horoscope based on this data.
- Fair data processing. We will take responsibility and do not process data for any purpose other than the legitimate purpose. This document informs users of this fair data usage.
- Transparent data processing. To inform users about the processing activities on their personal data, as we do in this document and on various pages on our website.
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer (DPO) - Mr Peter Seaman - is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Interactive Stars Ltd collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All members of staff of Interactive Stars Ltd who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject's attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy Notice
3.1 Who are we? And what data do we collect and process?
Interactive Stars Ltd / www.interactivestars.com - is a website that offers personalized horoscope services. We have a free trial option and membership options. We require certain data items from you (like your date of birth) to be able to calculate your horoscopes. What data we require, and how it is used, is described in detail below. We also have a seperate 'Members Terms' page that describes the T&C's if you become a member - the link to this page can be found at the bottom of this page or on the drop down menu if using a mobile phone.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Our ICO registration number is A8029281.
Interactive Stars Limited is registered in England and Wales. Our companies house registration number is 03913933.
Our data protection person is Mr Peter Seaman. You can contact him by sending an email to .
Our company telephone number is 07760 258622. If calling from outside the UK then it is +44 7760 258622.
What data do we process? And how is it used?
To be able to calculate our website visitors personalized horoscopes we securely collect, and store, the following data:
- First name and surname.
- Date of birth - day, month and year.
- Hour and minute of birth (if known).
- Place of birth (city, town, country or state).
- Country of birth.
When the above information has been submitted (via our secure HTTPS form) our software then calculates the users time zone, Longitude and Latitude for their place of birth.
When the user submits the birth data web form we insert this data into a user record in a MySQL Database on our secure web server.
The users birth data above is only used when the logged in user clicks a link (in their secure horoscope area) to calculate a new horoscope. As previously mentioned, any personal data is only used on a 'need-to-know' basis and is never shared or sold.
The only other use of this birth data is if a user contacts InteractiveStars.com and requests help to change incorrect birth data the user has entered by mistake and submitted on the web form. The user also has full access to their birth data and can correct this data themselves.
As part of the signing up process we also need to securely collect, and store, the following data:
- First name and surname.
- An email address.
- A chosen username (selected by the user).
- A chosen password (selected by the user).
The above data is inserted into a seperate members MySQL database as a user record. This data is used to manage the users free trial or membership to InteractiveStars.com. The username and password are used to allow the user to securely log in to their members area.
The user can change, or delete, any of the data above. How this can be done is described in section 3.5 below.
All user data is collected, and stored, electronically. We do not keep 'paper' records
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified in this document. Consent is required for Interactive Stars Ltd to process your of personal data, but it must be explicitly given.
We do not pass on, or share, or sell the personal data your provide when you complete our 'Birth Data' web form. The data provided on this form is listed above.
3.4 Retention Period
Interactive Stars Ltd needs to retain personal birth data whilst the user's horoscope membership is active, otherwise no horoscopes can be calculated. When a user cancels their membership, or their 2 week free trial expires, we retain the users birth data for 3 months in case the user wishes to renew, or upgrade, their existing membership. After 3 months, if not further action is taken, the users data and database record will be deleted from our system.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. This can be done two ways:
1. By sending an email to email@example.com describing the data your want correcting.
2. Log in, on our home page, then click 'Me & my Friends' to correct your birth data or by clicking on 'My Membership' then the 'access your members page' link to change your membership details including upgrade, cancel membership, name and password changes.
- Right to cancel your free trial or membershio (NOTE - this is also described on our 'Help' page). To Cancel your 'One Month with Rebill Charge' subscription:
→ Log in, on our home page, then click 'My Membership' then click the 'access your members page' link.
→ Under 'Active Subscriptions' click 'cancel'
→ Then, click 'Yes, i want to cancel my subscription'
→ Next, log in to your PayPal account'. You will see the payment to 'InteractiveStars.com' then click 'Details' then 'Cancel'
NOTE - unless you have chosen the 'One Month with Rebill' option, you will not be re-billed at the end of the month.
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. Again, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing. NOTE - you can ask, but we do not do any direct marketing or pass your data onto any third parties.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Interactive Stars Ltd, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Interactive Stars data protection representatives [Data Protection Officer, Mr Peter Seaman - .
4.3 About cookies
4.3 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
4.4 Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session (website visit), when the web browser is closed.
4.5 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
4.6 Cookies can be used by our web servers to help identify registered members when they login to our website and as they navigate different pages on our website.
5. Cookies usage
5.1 Running our website - Personalization and session cookies
- session id - username and encrypted password (if user choose to "Remember Password")
The names of these cookies are:
PHPSESSID - valid for current browser session only, stores user's session id.
amember_ru - username of logged in user. Cookie lifetime depends on configuration.
amember_rp - encrypted password of logged in user. Cookie lifetime depends on configuration.
5.2 Analytics cookies for measuring our website usage
'Clicky' is GDPR compliant - read more here.
During a visit to our website the following data is sent to thge tracking servers:
Page URL, page title, referrer, User agent, IP address, Language, screen resolution, tracking cookie, x/y coordinates of mouse events (for generating heatmaps)
Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
The names of the analytics cookies set by the tracking servers are - _jsuid and cluid.
_jsuid: This is a random number that is generated by the Code the first time someone visits a web site with the Code installed. Its sole purpose is to better identify new and unique visitors to a web site. The value of this cookie is sent to the Service for every event logged. The value of this cookie will also be set as a third party cookie with the name of "cluid" if such a cookie does not exist. The purpose of this is for web sites with multiple domains and who want to track visitor sessions across multiple domains, which is not possible with first party cookies. This cookie is set to more or less never expire.
The information generated relating to our website is used to create statistics and reports about the general use of our website.
6. Managing, deleting and blocking cookies
If you want do not want to give consent to our use of web analytics cookies then you can follow the instructions below or contact our DPO, Peter Seaman who's contact details are above.
IMPORTANT - please note - blocking cookies will cause problems with the usability of our website. Some sections of our website will NOT WORK if you block our session cookies as we store your birth data in this cookie for the duration of your visit. We highly recommend you do not block cookies on our website.
How to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser - please visit - All About Cookies.